Monday, June 15, 2009

First Day of Summer Reading!!

Today was the first day of the Summer Reading Program. I hate being early because then I don't have many things to do. I met Stephanie, Dorothy's daughter. She looked younger than I imagined. She was always smiling, she reminded me of Pearl in the Scarlet Letter. We set up the room for the kids and I got to take some pictures for the Library's website. When the kids were there, time went by really fast! I made a friend, Tyler, he is going to turn 4 July 1st. After the kids left, we cleaned up. Since I didn't have anything else to do, I went by First Steps to work on the Resource Directory. I stopped by Subway to get lunch. I watched the news, Obama wants to reduce the cost of medical school. Go Obama! I walked back to First Steps. I like taking a long time while Im walking because I can feel the sun. I like the warmth. The only part about the walk that I don't like is that I feel everyone is staring at me, since I am the only person walking. I had a lemonade that I felt like throwing away because it was so sweet. The water in Subway never comes out and it drives me crazy. hen I got back to the office, I saw Shannon and we talked for a little. Then I worked on the Resource Directory. I always think of the people that will be using it once its done. I imagine Wanda or LaNerika opening the directory to find a phone number. I wonder how effective it would be. I read many different websites and felt that my work was becoming slower and slower. I struggled to keep focus today because I hardly saw any progress. Karen came by to see how I was doing. She gave me more information to work on the parents checklist that Im supposed to be making. I stopped to think for a while and then started work again. I wished I could read the news, but I didn't want to stop working. I want to finish this project quickly. It was 4 and Nacy and Stormi came to pick me up. When we got back Ben, Alex and Cody were shooting with some rifle/gun, whatever it was. It scares me, not so much any more, I think its because it didn't look real. I went upstairs and I read for two hours. I wrote two letters and ate dinner that Ben cooked. For the past three hours I have been trying to make beans. They don't seem to like me. I can't stop thinking about the roaches and every time I think about them I itch and I feel them around me even if they're not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment