Sunday, June 7, 2009

I was too early for our staff meeting on Thursday. I was able to read Obama's speech to the Middle East, this is a fascinating topic. It seemed like there were lots of good news that day. Also New Hampshire became the sixth state to approve gay marriage. I'm not sure why I feel like I need to write about the news when I blog, everyone can read the news on their own. It just surprises me how connected we all are, no matter how far we live. Our staff meeting at First Steps was long. I explined what I was doing with the resource directory and now the parent's checklist. I worked all day. I stayed longer that everyone else in the office. It rained a lot.

Like I said, everyone was getting sick. I had Friday off because my supervisor was sick. I wasted the whole day. I read the Kite Runner and did math for hours. I've been practicing my cooking, not without calling my mom four times in 20 minutes.

Saturday we went to Marion and I got to see the other scholars staying there. They're house seems to be in better condition, but I missed Cheraw. Don was there and we went to Ben's graduation party, he's an incoming scholar that I only saw a couple of times during Finalist Weekend. The food was great and then we stayed at the Marion house for a while. We talked while David O practiced Spanish with Rosetta Stone. According to Rosetta Stone, my accent in Spanish is not good enough, so I discovered when David asked me to pronounce a word he kept getting wrong; I too got it wrong. Later that evening we went to Myrtle Beach to eat. I'm glad we did some bonding with the Marion group.

Sunday I finished the Kite Runner. I don't like how I feel when I finish a book, I feel empty. Im going to start another one tomorrow. I made Colombian beans, they were really good. In honor to Michelle Im listening to bachata. Which reminded me that I am desperate to go dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment