Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Untitled

Yesterday in the library, I read a lot of the news from around the world. I even read "country profiles" on the BBC website on Haiti, Colombia, and Jamaica. I went through maybe 200-300 years of political, social, and cultural history of those countries. I learned about their leaders, dictators, and revolutionaries. I tried to figure out where each country went wrong, but I only have the background in Colombian history to decide that we went wrong when the conservative and liberal parties were formed in the mid1800s. Not that times were better before this happened, but this was the most significant event that seemed to cause the decline in Colombia's slow progress. Anyway, my online trips back in time and around the world, the western hemisphere I should say, were sharply cut by a wave of patrons dropping off children's books, which I had to shelve. I put these in order and stopped for lunch. I went back to the Chesterfield Library with Drusilla, I was at Pageland in the morning. Drusilla told me a lot of stories on the way back, so I was daydreaming most of the trip.But I was listening, she talked about her dogs and her HIV cat, he doesn't really have HIV but the equivalent for cats; its goign to live, no worries.
When I got back to Chesterfield, I had to shelve ALL of the children's books there! I got through letters A, B, C, and D. It took me 2 hours, and then some kid pulled out a book from the A section, and when he found out he didn't want it he put it in the F section! Some work just goes unacknowledged. Nothing interesting happened for the rest of the day, not that I can remember. Oh, I know, I began studying math! I noticed for the past 3 years, I had forgot how much I really like math.
Today I spent most of my day listening to my ipod and writing on the computer. I had a meeting early in the morning with the early childhood director from the school district so I can start working on a checklist for parents to ...blah, blah....too long to write. Moving on, Ben, Nancy, Stormi, Davis, and our new facebook friend Hannah, oh and me, went to the Southern Belle restaurant. It was delicious, and me and Nancy decided today that we are like a family. I was the last one at the office today, but I felt like working, and I have A LOT of work ahead of me.
After work, Ross, Ben, Nancy, and me went to the park to play soccer. Me and Nancy ran to the park, I was exhausted by the time we got there, and I kept getting cold even though it was about 80 degrees outside. I think my body was protesting such an unexpected workout; it went through a lot of confusion, going from sweaty to cold to shivery. Then we played frisbee and cutting my nails made a huge difference on my catching and throwing. Nancy has been teaching me all kinds of sports. Now, I'm learning how to juggle the soccer ball with my feet. Nancy can do it for about 140 consecutive times. I'm really excited, and I've never been too excited about soccer.
I ate dinner, took a shower, reviewed math, answered all my facebook messages, and blogged, all before 1AM! I hope the workout today will let me get up tomorrow morning. And everyone is getting sick! Obama got to the Middle East today. I planned to read the news, but I have too much to do at First Steps to have any time to read.
Cheraw is quiet. And I found a roach in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment